Become a Vendor
We are seeking New Growers/Producers to Join our Market Family
The ACFM is currently accepting applications for the 2022 Market Season from growers/producers of quality farm products who live and grow in Ashe County or one of the following adjoining counties:
- Alleghany County, NC
- Wilkes County, NC
- Watauga County, NC
- Johnson County, TN
- Grayson County, VA
Located in the heart of downtown West Jefferson, our market regularly attracts between 400 – 700 customers each Saturday during our market season, which runs from Spring through Fall. Our crowd swells to over 1000 visitors during special events and long weekends.
Thanks to the support of the Town of West Jefferson, the Market appreciates a lighted, covered shelter that houses 35 vendor spaces with paved vendor parking where our shelter meets the Backstreet in West Jefferson.
Fifteen of our shelter spaces are on the closed end of the shelter. Spaces on the closed end are completely secured with pull down doors when the market is closed, thus enabling these vendors to leave tables and booth props.
We have two bathrooms on site and offer free coffee and hot water each Market Day to enjoy with our guests. We keep our vendors cool with the availability of bottled water.
Shelter spaces are assigned on a seniority basis as spaces open.
Through the generosity of First Baptist Church, the Market also has the use of a large grassy area immediately above the Market structure that we use for additional vendor space, parking and for special events.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there spaces open under the shelter?
Currently all the spaces under the shelter are taken; however, we have plenty of space on what we refer to as our grass area at the market for additional vendors that meet our market criteria. All vendors applications are subject to Board approval.
Are there different types of vendors?
All vendors pay an annual membership fee of $60. There are three types or categories of vendors:
- Permanent Space (PS) vendors have one of 35 assigned spots under our shelter. Permanent space fees are $200 per season.
- Grass Permanent Space (GPS) vendors have a preferred spot in the grassy area at our market that they return to each week. They pay $125 for this spot in advance at registration.
- Drop In vendors come when they want and pay a daily fee, which currently is $10 per Saturday.
How are open shelter spots assigned?
Open shelter spots are offered based on vendor seniority. Please refer to our Policy and Procedures for more details.
I don’t know if I should sign up for a Grass Permanent Space (GPS) or be a Drop in vendor. What should I consider?
If you are selling only one product, such as green beans or blueberries, that is not available throughout our entire market season (mid-April through October) and only want to sell for a few weeks or want the flexibility to drop in and out of the market as your schedule permits, then you may want to be a Drop In vendor.
The advantages to becoming a GPS vendor include:
- It’s less expensive to pay for the full year in advance than to pay for each Saturday as a Drop In Vendor. For example, there were 29 Saturdays in our 2017 market season. If you paid for each of them on a drop in basis it would have cost you $290. If you become a GPS vendor and pay up front, it only costs $125 for the same number of Saturdays.
- In addition, when shelter spots are open on any given Saturday because one or more shelter vendors are absent, we fill those spots first with our GPS vendors.
When can I join the Market?
Our market focus is on produce. Qualifying produce vendors may join the market at any time throughout our market season. All vendors are subject to Board approval.
Craft vendors are admitted on a limited basis at the Board’s discretion only after their crafts have been juried at our annual Arts & Crafts Jury.
Please email us at email@example.com for more information on joining our Market and refer to our policies on this website.